Massage Therapy can serve many purposes for our clients. For some, it may assist with the healing of an injury. For others, it can help alleviate or manage pain.
The Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy has many immediate and long-term benefits for clients. For most, a massage helps initiate a feeling of calm and helps them relax. Massage helps release endorphins while lowering cortisol and adrenalin (as well as other stress hormones).
Other physical benefits may include:
- Relaxed muscles
- Improvement in circulation
- Lymphatic drainage
- Increased mobility and flexibility in joints
- Faster recovery of soft tissue injuries
- Quicker post-surgery healing
- A reduction in anxiety and depression
- Improving immune function
- Increased alertness
- Less headaches/migraines
Massage therapy can also help clients manage various disorders, including chronic back pain, insomnia, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, digestive disorders, and delayed onset muscle soreness.